Monday, January 13, 2014

Hogs and Kisses

Happy Monday! Life has been a bit stressful lately so off to my craft room I went to de-stress and take my mind off things. The other day, I saw a fun little saying on Pinterest "Hogs and Kisses" and for some reason it has just been stuck in my mind. I then saw my lovely create a critter cartridge and a fun little Valentine's card began to develop. I used an awesome sketch provided by Die Cuttin Divas and went from there. I am quite please with how it came out!

Challenge Entered:
Die Cuttin Divas Challenge #147

Isn't she darling? Pigs are too stinking cute! Figuratively and literally of course. Now onto what I did...

Ingredients:
Create a Critter 2 Cricut Cartridge
Cricut Craft Room
XO Embossing Folder
Valentine Hearts Embossing Folder
Pearls
Cricut Markers
Peachy Keen Animal Face Stamps
Red and Black Ink
Red and Black Sharpie
Various pieces of cardstock
Popdots


The first thing I always do is layout my card in the Cricut Craft Room. This program is free for anyone with a cricut.com account and makes my life so much easier when trying to get everything to fit on my cards. I made the card base 6x6 then built on it from there. I used CCR basics for the 1st and 2nd layers. That is the beauty of this program. You can build your entire design and lay it out just how you want it to look. No need for cutting and throwing away because it doesn't fit or work!

The fun part is then the cutting and assembly. I have decided I am way to manic in my assembly to do photos as I go. But you get the idea. I used light shimmery pink for the card base, hot pink for the 1st layer and embossed it with the Valentine's Hearts folder. I then inked it up a bit with some red ink. For layer two I used some printed cardstock that I got in clearance pack at Hobby Lobby. I think it works perfectly!

Then to the fun of assembling my little pig. Her base layer is black and her body layer is a sparkly pink. I tried to get a good picture so you can see her shimmer. I then stamped her face with the Peachy Keen Pig animal face. Since ink smears terribly on my glitter paper I went over the stamp with a fine point sharpie. I then took a fine paint brush and gave her some blush.For her little bow I cut two hearts by hand and glued them together with a pink pearl.

For her little Valentine I used  my Cricut markers. I swapped out my blade for the marker and had it write out my fun little phrase. I then popped the blade back in and cut out the heart. I adhered it to her belly and then took her pig hooves and folded them up for a 3D effect. I used pop dots to stick her onto the card.

I then added some embellishment to each corner to give it some extra flair. I got these nice little half pearls on a Facebook group. I love to use them in corners to tie everything together.


All in all I love how my little hog came out! Thanks for checking my blog out and have wonderful week! Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my posts! I truly appreciate it!