And this is what I ended up making!
An old picture frame
A Child's Year Cartridge
Red, White, Blue, and Silver Cardstock
How I did it:
This was actually really easy to put together. I went into CCR and used the rectangle from CCR Basics. After some sizing around I had it fill the screen creating 7 days for four weeks....it wasn't until AFTER I cut that I remembered that there are more than 28 days in a month but hey calendars do that hash tag thing all the time (and I can fix it next month). Took my 12x12 sheet with the squares cut out and adhere it to my red cardstock. I then cut out the little figures from A Child's Year and the month from Songbird. They are all essentially attached to one another so in August I can pull out my July and place in a new month with designs. I left the numbering to be done on the outside so I could reuse months every year if I didnt have time to make a new one. My goal is to work on the months way in advance but we all know how that goes. I will be sure to post August once I get it going!
Thanks for looking and happy crafting!
This project has been entered into some super fun challenges at Catch The Bug, Bitten by the Bug 2, and My Sheri Crafts. Go join the fun!