Saturday, May 19, 2012

Get Well Soon!

My niece is going to be having surgery so I thought that I would make her a card to cheer her up. She is at the age where she is too grown up for cutesy cuts but way to young for a simple adult card. This is what I ended  coming up with!
Stuff I Used:
Wild Card Cricut Cartridge
Googly Eyes
Flower
Rhinestone
Cuttlebug Embossing Folders (I have no idea what they are called, I really need to get on that!)
Stickles
Get Well Sentiment Stamp

I used the monster cut from the Wild Card Cricut Cartridge. I cut the envelope first at fit to page which ended up being 5" and I cut all the other layers accordingly. I embossed my liner for the inside of my envelope with the folder that came with my Cuttlebug.

I embossed my little monster with my Cuttlebug to give her a little pop. I also embossed the sentiment get well soon near her heart and brushed it with glitter. I didn't really like the X's for eyes so I glued on some googly ones instead. No girl can go without some sparkle so I added a flower to her hair? Well she's a monster so I guess fur with a tiny bit of bling in the center! I cut an extra flower because I thought she looked a little sad with only one. The way she looks in the picture though she still looks sad with her eyes! I swear if I wiggle them she doesn't look so depressed.

 Inside I stamped "Get Well" and will put a little message.

I am hoping this card will lift her spirits. She is a tween with an attitude so I think it might be right up her alley. This isn't her first time having to get surgery but hopefully it will her last! Thanks for looking!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my posts! I truly appreciate it!